Visas for Victims of Crime

If you reported a crime to the police and have suffered significant physical or mental harm from a crime, you may be eligible for a U visa, a program intended to encourage victims of crime who do not have immigration status to report the crime to the police without fear of deportation.

This visa is available to those who have been helpful to the police or to the prosecutors trying the accused. Robichaud, Schroepfer & Correia, P.A. immigrant attorneys has successfully helped many victims of crime obtain this visa. You may be eligible even if the perpetrator was never identified or arrested or if it has been many years since the crime occurred. U visas have very broad waivers that do not prevent people with serious criminal and immigration problems from applying. U visa holders are also eligible to apply for a green card even if they do not have U.S. citizen or resident relatives. Do not miss your opportunity to apply for this visa.

There are several requirements to qualify for a U visa:

  • You are the victim of qualifying criminal activity.
  • You have suffered substantial physical or mental abuse as a result of the crime.
  • You have information concerning the criminal activity. If you are under the age of 16, a parent or guardian may possess the information about the crime on your behalf.
  • You have been helpful, are being helpful, or are likely to be helpful in the investigation or prosecution of the crime.
  • The crime occurred in the United States or violated U.S. laws.