TN Visas for Canadian and Mexican Citizens

If you are an employer, or a Canadian or Mexican professional, then a TN visa might be the right immigration option for you. A TN visa allows professionals from Canada or Mexico to get expedited work authorization, typically for a three year period with the possibility of renewal.

At Robichaud, Schroepfer & Correia, P.A., our knowledgeable immigration lawyers can assist you from start to finish, through the application process until after approval and your entry to the United States. We help clients all over the world remotely through the internet, but we can meet in person at either our office located in Minneapolis, Minnesota, or our office in Louisville, Kentucky.

Spouses and children can be granted visas as well.

A spouse or a child of a TN visa holder can apply for a related visa called a TD visa. The TD visa permits the spouse or child to live in the United States and to attend school, but unfortunately it does not currently permit you to work.

The TN Visa is for professionals.

The TN visa applies to only certain listed professions, however, the law is rarely black and white, so an attorney can advocate for you to argue that your line of work fits into one of the listed professions. If you don’t find your occupation below, speak with an attorney to see if you may still qualify, or if another visa would be best for you. The listed occupations include the following:

  • Accountant
  • Actuary
  • Architect
  • Computer Systems Analyst
  • Dentist
  • Dietitian
  • Disaster relief insurance claims adjuster
  • Economist
  • Engineer
  • Forester
  • Graphic Designer
  • Hotel Manager
  • Industrial Designer
  • Interior Designer
  • Land Surveyor
  • Landscape Architect
  • Lawyer
  • Librarian
  • Management Consultant
  • Mathematician
  • Medical Lab Technologist/Medical Technologist
  • Nurse (registered nurse)
  • Nutritionist
  • Occupational Therapist
  • Pharmacist
  • Physician (teaching or research only)
  • Physiotherapist/Physical Therapist
  • Psychologist
  • Range Manager/Range Conservationist
  • Recreational Therapist
  • Research Assistant (working in post-secondary educational institution)
  • Scientist
  • Scientific Technician/Technologist
  • Social Worker
  • Sylviculturist (including Forestry Specialist)
  • Technical Publications Writer
  • Teacher (College, Seminary, or University)
  • Urban Planner
  • Vocational Counselor
  • Veterinarian

Call for a Free Consultation

Our team will work closely with you to pursue your immigration goals. For a free consultation by phone or in person at one of our offices, please call 612-333-3343.