If you are an employer, or a Canadian or Mexican professional, then a TN visa might be the right immigration option for you. A TN visa allows professionals from Canada or Mexico to get expedited work authorization, typically for a three year period with the possibility of renewal.
TN Visas for Canadian and Mexican Citizens
At Robichaud, Schroepfer & Correia, P.A., our knowledgeable immigration lawyers can assist you from start to finish, through the application process until after approval and your entry to the United States. We help clients all over the world remotely through the internet, but we can meet in person at either our office located in Minneapolis, Minnesota, or our office in Louisville, Kentucky.
Spouses and children can be granted visas as well.
A spouse or a child of a TN visa holder can apply for a related visa called a TD visa. The TD visa permits the spouse or child to live in the United States and to attend school, but unfortunately it does not currently permit you to work.
The TN Visa is for professionals.
The TN visa applies to only certain listed professions, however, the law is rarely black and white, so an attorney can advocate for you to argue that your line of work fits into one of the listed professions. If you don’t find your occupation below, speak with an attorney to see if you may still qualify, or if another visa would be best for you. The listed occupations include the following:
- Computer Systems Analyst
- Disaster relief insurance claims adjuster
- Graphic Designer
- Hotel Manager
- Industrial Designer
- Interior Designer
- Land Surveyor
- Landscape Architect
- Management Consultant
- Medical Lab Technologist/Medical Technologist
- Nurse (registered nurse)
- Occupational Therapist
- Physician (teaching or research only)
- Physiotherapist/Physical Therapist
- Range Manager/Range Conservationist
- Recreational Therapist
- Research Assistant (working in post-secondary educational institution)
- Scientific Technician/Technologist
- Social Worker
- Sylviculturist (including Forestry Specialist)
- Technical Publications Writer
- Teacher (College, Seminary, or University)
- Urban Planner
- Vocational Counselor
Call for a Free Consultation
Our team will work closely with you to pursue your immigration goals. For a free consultation by phone or in person at one of our offices, please call 612-333-3343.
Contact Us Today
For A Free Consultation
Call Now (612) 333-3343
Free consultations are available for personal injury and workers’ compensation cases. For the convenience of our clients, we speak Spanish, Hmong, Vietnamese, Chinese and Somali.
We respect your privacy. The information you provide will be used to answer your question or to schedule an appointment if requested.
Why Choose Robichaud, Schroepfer and Correia, P.A.?
We have offices in Minneapolis, MN, and Louisville, KY, catering to all walks of life. Our clients place trust and confidence in our well-established law firm because we always put our clients first:
- A proven track record both inside and outside the courtroom.
- Clients are the boss. You’ll know the strategy and options. We guide and you decide.
- You will know we are fighting for you based on an understood game plan.
- You are not just a file number; we provide the individualized attention you deserve.
- We accommodate clients from all cultures in a variety of languages.
- We provide the strengths and benefits of a big law firm combined with the small-firm care and accessibility you deserve.
- We guide you in your case from start to finish to achieve the best outcome possible.
Our actions speak for us; contact us today to schedule a free consultation.
News & Resources
RSC Law Announces Super Lawyers Selections for Two Attorneys
MINNEAPOLIS, Minnesota—RSC Law proudly announces that attorneys Paul Schroepfer and Robert Correia have been selected…
Personal Injury Attorney Robert A. Correia Named Attorney of the Year
MINNEAPOLIS, Minnesota—Robert A. Correia, Shareholder and Lead Attorney of Robichaud, Schroepfer & Correia, P.A., has…
RSC Law Success Story: $1.25 Million Settlement for Injured Client!
Results Matter. Small Firm Attention. Big Firm Results. RSC Law shareholder Robert Correia recently settled…