Seek an Experienced Personal Injury Attorney To Protect and Pursue Your Personal Injury Case If You Have Been Injured in Minneapolis, Minnesota
If you have suffered injuries due to someone else’s negligence, you may be experiencing significant emotional distress and substantial mounting expenses. You also face complex legal concerns, but a knowledgeable personal injury attorney can guide you through the legal processes while addressing potential paths to solve your financial issues related to the treatment of your injury — and long-term expense implications from the harm you have suffered due to another’s carelessness.
At RSC Law, we help people in situations like yours every day. We understand your frustrations and fears and can help you put your life back together. Our Minneapolis personal injury attorney team can help you understand and deal effectively with the different facets of your current situation by devising a cohesive legal strategy tailored to your unique case:
- Physical Injury and/or Incapacity: You may be in pain due to the injury you have suffered, and your mobility and capacity may be limited due to your injury and/or related treatments. Your personal injury lawyer can guide you to move forward while addressing these new issues and challenges in a timely way on your behalf.
- Emotional Distress: Personal injury victims may experience severe stress, anxiety, depression, and other emotional trauma due to their injuries. In Minnesota, victims can seek compensation for emotional distress, including pain and suffering. The personal injury lawyers at our law firm have experience in determining the scope of emotional trauma pain you have sustained in terms of damages for which you may seek appropriate financial compensation.
- Expenses: Medical bills can quickly accumulate following an injury, and victims may also face lost wages if they cannot work during their recovery. Our personal injury attorneys can evaluate your income and expenses and chart a strategic plan to cover medical expenses and pursue appropriate treatments without neglecting your other financial obligations. We will seek opportunities to potentially recover compensation for expenses due to another party’s negligence.
- Legal Concerns: Navigating the legal process can be challenging. Determining liability, proving negligence, and dealing with insurance companies requires knowledge and experience. Our Minnesota personal injury lawyers are ready to answer your questions and give you confidence and peace of mind during this challenging time.
The Minneapolis personal injury lawyers at Robichaud, Schroepfer and Correia, P.A. can guide you through this process with individualized attention, helping to secure compensation for:
- Medical bills
- Lost wages
- Pain and suffering
- Emotional distress
- Loss of enjoyment of life
- Other out-of-pocket expenses related to the injury
Depending on the details of your case, your personal injury attorney may pursue an insurance claim and/or a personal injury lawsuit on your behalf. Contact the Minneapolis personal injury lawyers at our law firm today to schedule a free consultation regarding your personal injury claim. We will assess your unique case, begin building your legal strategy, and determine your next steps to pursue fair and appropriate compensation for your losses and damages.
Types of Personal Injuries
Our personal injury lawyers can help you pursue personal injury claims in Minnesota for several types of injuries and practice areas:
- Car Accidents: Many personal injury cases in Minnesota involve the carelessness of drivers of cars on the road in a variety of different circumstances. There are many factors to account for in car accidents, from the interactions and negligence that led to the car accident to medical treatments, lost wages, vehicle repairs or replacement, and various other damages. It is legally relevant if another driver was drunk or distracted during the accident. Share and discuss all relevant details regarding a car accident with your personal injury lawyer.
- Auto Accidents: Injuries sustained in motor vehicle accidents may involve different types of automobiles besides cars. When these road injuries due to another driver’s negligence involve truck accidents, motorcycle accidents, or other collisions or causal interactions with any type of vehicle, a variety of additional concerns and complex factors may come into play. These incidents often involve serious injury to drivers or passengers. Injured victims seeking to recover compensation following a truck accident will face a particularly complicated situation, and they will often need to coordinate with a personal injury lawyer to determine the parties that may have contributed to the accident.
- Workplace Injuries: Injuries that occur at the workplace due to unsafe conditions or negligence by the employer are often treated differently than other personal injury cases, but the details of your injury will affect the right way to approach your case. Workplace accidents may involve both workers’ compensation cases and separate personal injury cases when a third party is involved, and elements of employment law also come into play. A knowledgeable injury attorney can help you navigate legal claims involving a workplace accident in Minnesota.
- Slip and Fall Accidents: Injuries due to falls caused by hazardous conditions on someone else’s property may lead to a personal injury claim. These cases are categorized under premises liability in personal injury law. Our injury lawyers can assess whether all of the required components of a slip and fall accident are present in order to pursue a valid injury claim.
- Medical Malpractice: Injuries caused by healthcare providers’ medical negligence, such as surgical errors, misdiagnosis, or improper treatment are treated differently than other personal injury cases, and you will need to promptly coordinate with a personal injury lawyer experienced with medical malpractice cases in such a situation.
- Wrongful Death: If an individual’s death is caused by the negligence or misconduct of another, the deceased person’s family members may pursue a wrongful death claim. Wrongful death accidents may involve a car accident or a number of other tragic circumstances. Our personal injury lawyers understand this is a painful time, and we can guide you regarding important considerations and timelines for injury cases involving the death of a loved one.
- Dog Bites: Owners can be held strictly liable if their dog bites someone in Minnesota, causing injury. Dog bite cases in Minnesota do not allow a “one free bite” rule as in other states, but they do have particular requirements. Our personal injury attorneys guide injured clients regarding the evidence and elements necessary to prove a dog bite case.
- Daycare Injuries: Parents may have a case if their child is injured due to negligence or misconduct at a daycare facility. The personal injury attorneys at our Minneapolis law office can advise you regarding steps to pursue justice and appropriate compensation for an injury to a child under the care of another.
- Product Liability: If a defective product causes injury, the manufacturer or distributor may be held responsible. Our personal injury legal team can guide you regarding the appropriate steps to pursue appropriate compensation from the responsible party.
Our Minneapolis personal injury law firm is committed to individuals of all socioeconomic and cultural backgrounds seeking legal representation for personal injury cases throughout our diverse community. We are prepared to cater to many language preferences when you contact us to request your free initial consultation.
The Scope of Your Injuries May Not Immediately Be Apparent
The full scope of damages for which an injured person may seek compensation is not always immediately obvious. Injuries can have long-term effects that appear later, and understanding these potential consequences is crucial to securing fair and appropriate compensation. Your Minneapolis personal injury lawyer can guide you to ask the right questions towards determining the full extent of your injuries and damages — and the appropriate compensation you should seek.
Long-Term Medical Expenses
An injury may require ongoing medical care, including surgeries, rehabilitation, therapy, and medication. These costs can add up significantly over time. It is very important to account for these damages when you seek compensation for your injuries. A personal injury lawyer will guide you to approach your injury case and associated medical bills with a “big picture” approach to promote your long-term holistic well-being.
Reduced Quality of Life
Serious injuries can lead to a diminished quality of life. This can include physical pain and suffering, mental distress, loss of enjoyment of activities, and more. Many people are simply not the same following an injury, and the compensation you and your attorney will seek needs to account for such important changes to your life and your future.
Reduced Ability to Work
If your injury affects your ability to work — either temporarily or permanently — you may be entitled to compensation for lost income and reduced earning capacity. There will be different implications for how to proceed, depending on the extent, nature, and duration of your injuries. Discuss the details of your injuries and your work responsibilities with your attorney.
You may need assistance with daily tasks, home modifications, or other services due to your injury. Regular services can considerably affect your budgetary needs, which may also be exacerbated by your inability to work. The strain can also fall onto others in your family. Such needs are properly considered effects of your injury or accident, and you need to account for them when you seek compensation.
Identifying and Evaluating Your Injuries
Determining the full scope of these damages requires a comprehensive evaluation of an injured person’s situation. This includes your medical prognosis, vocational assessments, and consideration of your lifestyle and personal circumstances. Many injury victims make the mistake of neglecting long-term injuries and expenses among their damages, risking future financial difficulties. Your personal injury attorney will work with you to build the big picture of your injuries and damages associated with the other party’s negligence when making personal injury claims on your behalf, coordinating with medical professionals and other parties as needed.
Contact an experienced Minnesota personal injury attorney as soon as possible after an injury. A knowledgeable lawyer can guide you through this complex process, ensuring your potential damages are considered and helping you pursue the fair and appropriate levels and types of compensation you need to cover your expenses.
Researching and Gathering Evidence Supporting Your Personal Injury Case
Gathering strong evidence is crucial to building a compelling personal injury case. While your personal injury attorney will conduct extensive research and gather evidence, there are steps that injury victims in Minnesota can take immediately following an injury or accident to help secure vital evidence.
Collect Evidence At the Scene of Your Personal Injury
If possible, document the scene of the accident. This can include taking photographs or videos of the scene and location, visually demonstrating any visible injuries and any property damage. Coordinate with your personal injury lawyer to preserve this evidence.
Collecting Witness Information
If there were witnesses to the accident, try to collect their contact information. Witnesses can provide valuable testimony about what happened. Speak to any witnesses at the scene and secure their contact information. Valuable witness statements may only be available during a short window, as distant memories tend to fade or become distorted. It can often be difficult to track down witnesses after the events of the accident, so it is important to act early.
Building Complete Medical Records To Support Your Case Will Depend Upon Thorough Treatment Following Your Injury
Seek medical attention as soon as possible, even if you don’t think your injuries are severe. Serious injuries may not show symptoms right away, and medical treatment is important to your personal injury claim. Medical records can provide essential evidence of your injuries and their impact on your life. Prioritize your health, and ensure all injuries and medical expenses are professionally documented.
Neglecting medical attention can lead to a lack of documentation that would otherwise help to prove your injury case. Personal injury victims who do not seek appropriate medical attention in a prompt manner risk undiagnosed injuries — combined with an increased difficulty to later cover expenses associated with those same injuries. Your Minneapolis personal injury lawyer can guide you regarding other steps to document your medical condition following an injury.
Securing Video Footage of the Accident That Caused Your Personal Injury
If there are local businesses or homes nearby, they may have security footage that captured the incident that caused your injury. Your personal injury lawyer can help you secure this footage, but it’s important to act quickly, as many security systems regularly overwrite old footage.
Preserve Evidence Supporting Your Case
Keep any items that were damaged in the incident, as they might serve as evidence in your personal injury case. For items that may be replaced or repaired — such as cars or car damage — be sure to thoroughly document the damage with photos, video, and full descriptions. Our personal injury lawyers can instruct you regarding practices to identify, secure, and safeguard important evidence.
Contact an Attorney To Guide You Regarding Evidence to Support Your Minnesota Personal Injury Case
Our Minneapolis personal injury attorneys can guide you through the legal process and help ensure all relevant evidence is collected. It is important to act quickly. Your committed personal injury attorney at RSC Law will help you address each of the applicable categories of evidence in your case.
Insurance Companies Will Often Suggest a Settlement Offer That’s Too Low
Insurance companies will often suggest settlement offers that are far below the appropriate value of your claim. Recognize that they are motivated to minimize their payout in personal injury cases. Working closely with a personal injury lawyer can prevent and disrupt their common tactics to undervalue your claim and shortchange you for your injuries. Insurance companies will offer low-ball settlements to entice you for several reasons:
- Protecting Their Bottom Line: Insurance companies are businesses, and like all businesses, they want to make a profit. Large insurance companies offer low settlements to minimize their payouts to accident victims and maximize their profits.
- Strong Cases: If your case is solid and could lead to a higher settlement, the insurance company can strategically offer a lower amount.
- Unrecognized Damages: Insurance companies often quickly suggest settlements in hopes that victims will accept the offer without fully considering or understanding the extent of their damages or their rights to seek additional compensation. A settlement prevents the claimant from pursuing such additional compensation later.
- Fast Settlements: The insurance company likely avoids paying the full scope of damages the claimant could have pursued, and they also can shift their time and energy to other claims — lowering their costs.
- Weak Cases: Insurance companies may offer low settlements if they believe their customer’s case is weak or they think their customer is partially at fault. It can save them time, money, and other resources to use elsewhere.
- Negotiation Tactics: A low initial offer allows the insurance company room to negotiate. They expect the victim to counter with a higher amount, and they can then offer a slightly higher settlement that is still lower than the victim’s needs.
If you’ve been injured and your case involves an insurance claim, it’s important to let a personal injury attorney handle communications and negotiations with the insurance company. An experienced personal injury lawyer understands insurance companies’ tactics and can advocate for a fair settlement on your behalf. Let us handle your insurance communications while you focus on your medical recovery.
Work with RSC Law to Determine Your Next Steps for Your Personal Injury Case in Minneapolis, Minnesota
Suffering a personal injury can bring various facets of your life to a halt as you deal with unforeseen expenses and the frustrations that come with your limited ability to work or perform activities for which others may depend on you. You need to seek legal help from an experienced personal injury firm in a prompt, timely manner. You may be facing immediate and long-term medical treatment concerns — not to mention pain, suffering, and possibly a reduction of your quality or enjoyment of life. Our personal injury law team is here to help you whenever you need our knowledge and guidance.
At RSC Law, the Minneapolis personal injury attorneys in our law office understand your experience in the aftermath of an unfortunate event that caused your injury, and we are prepared to guide you from start to finish as you seek a solution for the web of new and uncomfortable circumstances you are facing. Depending on the nature of given injury claims and various factors involving the injury event and potentially liable parties, our trial lawyers may determine a personal injury lawsuit is appropriate for your case under Minnesota law. We have helped many injured clients in situations like yours, and you don’t have to bear the full weight and frustration of your case. We are here to help.
If you have been injured due to another person’s negligence, contact our Minneapolis personal injury lawyers at Robichaud, Schroepfer, and Correia, P.A. today to schedule a free consultation. We provide our legal services on a contingency fee, meaning you do not pay until and unless we win your personal injury case. Our legal team will assess the unique details of your case during your free case evaluation and help you determine your next steps toward a cohesive legal strategy to pursue fair and appropriate compensation for your losses and damages.